Skip to main content

Mis-Sold Car Finance Claim

Find out if you could claim for mis-sold car finance.

Have you had a car on finance between 2014-2021?
You may be able to reclaim £1000s in recovered interest payments due to potential hidden commission paid. Find out if you are eligible.

Car Finance (HP/PCP) claims are regulated by the FCA. You do not need to use a claims management company such as partners to make a claim. You have the right to complain directly to the lender and/or use the Financial Ombudsman Service to seek redress for free.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a car finance claim?

You could be eligible to put in a claim if you weren’t provided with all of the required information when taking out a car finance deal.

You may be able to get back £1000’s if you were overcharged or mis-sold by the dealer.

How do I know if I was mis-sold car finance?

You could have been mis-sold for a number of reasons. There could have been commission for the dealer that you weren’t told about, you could have been pressured into an agreement that wasn’t right for you, or you may have paid higher interest than necessary.

You can fill out a short form to check if you’re eligible and start a claim.

How much could I claim if I was mis-sold car finance?

You could claim back thousands if you were mis-sold. The amount you can claim will depend on a number of factors, for example, the extra interest you paid and the amount of commission received by the dealer.

Average claims can be over £1,000.

How do I make a car finance claim?

You’ll usually need to submit a claim online and provide further information about the agreements.

Claims companies will then work with a legal partner who will process the claim and you’ll get a decision confirming the amount you will receive in compensation.

What information do I need to start a car finance claim?

You’ll need details of the finance agreements you’ve had, along with details of the sales process - for example, if you were informed of the commission that would be paid to the dealer.

You’ll then just need to provide your contact details to start the claims process. Alternatively, you can also write a letter to claim compensation yourself without the need to get a claims company involved.

Claiming for mis-sold car finance

When you are sold a car on PCP, you should have been given enough information to make a decision if the deal is right for you.

If you weren’t told about commission that would be paid to the dealer, or you were sold a finance agreement that wans’t right for you, you could claim compensation.

It’s possible that you may have been mis-sold car finance if:

  • You weren’t told about commission arrangements for the dealer
  • You were given bad advice or recommended a deal that wasn’t right for your circumstances
  • There were extra costs or you were paying higher interest than necessary